I started this blog when I was restoring a 1917 Kennebec canoe. Now I have added to my boat building adventures, and built a kayak. I also have pages about birds and astronomy.

Monday, July 9, 2012

First new planking


The first new planking is on! I has been a long time since I worked on the canoe because we are moving to Whidbey Island near Everett, Washington.  So my focus has been on house repairs instead of canoe repairs. However, I must do a few things before the canoe is ready to move. I really want some planking holding the stem in place, and at least one end to be planked.  I'm going to car top it 1800 miles, and I want a pointy end to slice into the wind.  I bought some Yakima canoe supports and straps so it will be held on securely. I have 3 weeks to get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment